Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Success

Today I watched Amelia in her last dance class.  The first week Amelia was scared and cried and just wanted to be held.  The second week, Amelia didn't cry, but she just wanted to hide behind me, especially if someone looked at or talked to her.  On the third week, Amelia sat quietly and watched and even played with some of the wands/streamers/shakers.  I thought that was success.

Today I watched as Amelia ran into the classroom and excitedly showed the teacher the princess wand she had brought to class.  Amelia sat on the side and watched, looking like she wanted to participate, but didn't quite dare.  I almost started crying when I was afraid her fear of trying would keep her from doing what she loves to do.

But then about half way through the class, Amelia started dancing with the class.  I think even she was excited that she had done it, because she ran over to where I was sitting and gave me a hug, as if to say "I did it, Mom"!.

That is success!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

YAY Amelia!!!!!!