Saturday, August 24, 2013

Sand in the City

The city of Olympia holds a Sand in the City event every year, but we haven't been to it yet . . . until this summer.  Ken volunteered to work at a booth that his job was hosting, so we decided to make it a family event.  I was a little paranoid about watching the girls by myself in a crowded fair while Ken was working in his booth, but I figured I could handle it for a few hours.  I needn't have worried.  There were a lot of people, but it was so well organized and so many fun things to do, that we ALL had a great time.  I did manage to pull the girls away from the sand box to do some fun, free crafts, but they loved playing in the sand.  And I figured, since it was there, they might as well enjoy it.  If you look behind the sand box and all of the kids, you can sort of see some of the professionally done sand sculptures.  Sorry there aren't any close-ups of those.
Amelia had fun filling and emptying the bucket, while Sophia made "sand pies" on the edge of the box.





No comments: