Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Realization

Do you ever wonder where you get some or all of your character traits?

I'm a planner, and always have been.  I've never really thought of where I got this trait from, until recently, when I realized I got it from my Mom.  Which is kind of funny, because I never really thought of my mom as a planner - things just always got done. 

My mother is dying and has already planned her funeral and written her obituary.  She apologizes for not being able to plan the actual date of her funeral.  But she has asked all of her children to speak at her funeral.  So of course, I've started planning what I might say.  But I have come to the realization that I can't plan what I'm going to say . . . at least not now.  There are too many things to say . . . how do you narrow it down to just 5 minutes . . . and what do you say after 6 older siblings have spoken?  No, this may just be something that doesn't get planned. 

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Please accept my sympathy; my prayers will be with you and your family.

Michelle said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. I hope you are comforted during this time and I will be thinking about you.