I love parades! I grew up going to lots of parades every summer, and in contrast to my brother, this did not make me hate parades - I love parades! I get teary eyed watching the marching bands (even if they're not all that great), I wave to all the politicians and "beautiful girls" (as my Dad used to call them), and ooh & aah at the pretty horses.
And then more bands came by - and she didn't cry. She even started waving along with me to all the people in the "floats".
When I asked her what her favorite part of the parade was, she said "the princesses", aka. the "beautiful girls".
She was sure Daddy's favorite part was the bands, and I told her I liked those too.
For a "Grande" parade, this wasn't much of one, but it only lasted an hour, it didn't rain on us, and we got enough candy & freebies to make it worth our time. Overall, I think the girls had a good time . . . and it made me all geared up for the next parade.
No comments:
Post a Comment