Thursday, May 16, 2013

Taco Soup

I've posted recipes before, but never of my own creation.  My family liked this soup, but if you don't - I'm okay with that.  

TACO SOUP
2 lb Hamburger
1 1/2 tbsp  taco seasoning (or a taco seasoning packet), divided
1 onion, diced
2 1/2 C. beef bouillon/stock **
1 Can black beans, drained/rinsed
1 Can pinto beans, drained/rinsed
1 C. frz corn
1 Can diced tomatoes, drained
1 Can diced tomatoes w/ chiles
FOR GARNISH:
Olives, sliced
        cheese, shredded
sour cream
chopped avocado or guacamole (optional)
cilantro, chopped
tortilla chips, for dipping

Instructions: Brown hamburger with 1/2 tbsp of the taco seasoning and all of the onion.

Add meat/onion mixture, with remaining soup ingredients, including remaining 1 tbsp taco seasoning to crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream, cheese, olives, guacamole/avocado, and cilantro.

Served 2 adults and 2 children, with leftovers for 2.

** I originally made this with 3 C. beef stock, but Ken thought it was a little soupy, so I decreased the amount for when I make it next time.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I made taco soup tonight (had to improvise a couple of things; used a can of enchilada sauce and sour cream in it) and it was YUM!!

Sharon said...

Yum - hadn't thought of putting enchilada sauce in it. Lisa - Glad you enjoyed it!