Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I Did It . . . and other trivial things

  • I did it!  I cooked dinner without a recipe!  This may not seem like a big deal to some people, but for someone who always "goes by the rules", it was monumental - okay, maybe not monumental - but it was a big deal to me.  I'm always looking for new recipes to try and when one of my friends told me she was having taco soup, I thought that sounded like a good one to try.  However, when I got the recipe, it looked too similar to chili, and since chili isn't Ken's favorite meal, I decided to look for another taco soup recipe.  However, all of the recipes I found where like chili, so I just made up my own recipe - like the way I imagined taco soup should be.  The  soup turned out great AND everyone liked it.
  • And speaking of cooking, I have a few recipes that call for a can(s) of cream soup.  Because of my allergy to wheat, I usually just make my own soup to add to the recipe, but I miss the convenience of being able to just have cans on hand.  I guess if I was more on the ball, I could make extra soup and freeze it to have on hand.
  • Amelia whines a lot (something I'm trying to help her stop doing), and yesterday she reminded me of the little girl who cried wolf.  Because she whines so much, I was just ignoring her whining . . . until around lunch time when I noticed that she actually had a fever and she told me her throat hurt and that she wasn't feeling good.  After Ibuprofen and a good nap everyone was feeling better and the whining stopped . . . for awhile anyway ;)
  • I often have Pandora on while I'm cooking, and if the girls are around, then I choose a "toddler" station.  Even though I continually tell Amelia that it's just music, she always asks to watch the video while we're listening to songs she knows.  She obviously isn't growing up with radios/ cassette tapes/ cds ;)
  • Sophia jabbers all the time.  I know she's trying to tell me something, as she points and jabbers, but most of the time I can't understand what she says unless she signs the word or actually says it.  However, it almost always seems that Amelia can understand Sophia as they have "conversations" all the time.  Some day I need to catch that on video.  My favorite is hearing Sophia say "oh" after Amelia says something to her.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You'll have to share your taco soup creation! Sounds yummy!