Thursday, May 9, 2013

I Spy

The first of the projects I have completed for the girls for our road trips this summer . . . I Spy Bags.  I had researched how to make these on other people's blogs and thought they looked easy enough, so thought I'd give them a try.  They were pretty easy to make, but finding the plastic pellets and the trinkets for the inside were the hardest part.  I ended up buying the plastic pellets at Michaels and the trinkets from some vendor on Etsy.
And then I saw this great idea about having a picture "key" to go with it, so that the girls know what to look for.  So I laid out all the trinkets and took a picture of them.  The funny thing is that the trinkets are on a white piece of paper, but when I put the picture into Word and printed it, the background looks light blue.
I laminated the card, sewed a ribbon into the bag while I was making the bag, then attached the card to the ribbon.
And then there is a cute little pocket in the back for the key card to be in when it's not being played with so that it doesn't get torn/ mangled.
I am so excited by how well they turned out.  I can only hope the girls are as excited about them as I am.  And more importantly, that they're entertained by them for longer than 2 minutes ;)

No comments: