Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Completely Random


  • Amelia finished her 20-day 2 times a day dose of amoxicillin yesterday - yeah!
  • We went to Cold Stone to celebrate - I even had a coupon - bonus!  Bad news: The employee couldn't find a "code" on the coupon to enter it into the register.  Good news: The employee just made up a discount for me instead.  He apparently wasn't very good at math or was feeling super generous because he only charged me for 1 of the 3 ice creams we bought.  I thanked him, but on the way home, I felt guilty I hadn't given him a tip for being so generous.
  • I really want to get rid of Amelia's binky, but I can't bring myself to subject myself (and Amelia) to the unpleasantness of the withdrawals.  I'm a wimp.
  • Sophia is playing with a bottle of water and I just heard "ah-oh".  I turn around to see that the lid is off the bottle and water is spilling onto the floor.  Before I can do anything, Sophia runs to the drawer, pulls out a towel and starts to clean up the spilled water.  Love that girl!
  • I'm planning for our summer vacation/road trips by preparing lots of games and activities for the girls.  I'm not super crafty, but I'm excited by how well some of my ideas are turning out (I'll try to remember to post the finished projects.).  My theory is "if you are prepared, you shall not fear".  I'm just hoping that the new activities, games, and cheap Dollar Store toys will entertain for more than a few minutes.
  • I should potty-train the girls (or at least encourage more than I do), but frankly I'm intimidated by the whole potty-training business.  I'm thinking I'll try a 2-for-1 special and try to do both girls at the same time (frankly, I think Sophia is more ready than Amelia is).  I have lots of "how-to" ideas & suggestions, but I don't think I'm ready for implementing it.  Who thinks I can convince Ken to do it?  ;)
  • Sophia is 18-months already.  I can hardly believe it, but I love this stage.  The tantrums are few and far between, she jabbers a lot and says one or two new words almost daily, and she plays by herself when I'm busy and Amelia is watching TV.  She likes to pick out her own clothes, especially if one of her favorite dresses is in the closet.  And her hair is coming in curly - yeah!

No comments: