Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Word of the Year - 2013

I read a friend's blog today; she mentioned the concept of having a Word of the Year.  I've never heard about that idea, but after reading other's ideas and thinking about it, it came to me what I wanted my word of the year to be.

JOY

  • I want this to be a fun year, but I want more than fun, I want it to be joyful: filled with satisfaction, happiness, and rejoicing.  It's all about attitude.
  • Joy is my mother's name.  Now that I am a mother, I realize even more how many sacrifices she made for me and what incredible lessons I have learned from her.  Joy is also Amelia's middle name.  Not only do I want Amelia to know about her namesake, I want her to know her namesake, and have plans for this year for Amelia to know Joy.
  • I was also reminded of a General Conference talk by Pres. Monson who spoke about Finding Joy in the Journey.  As I re-read the talk, it reinforced what I have been thinking about for this year.  Taking time to enjoy the moment, enjoying my children and the fun things they do, making time for the important, lasting moments and not getting caught up in the mundane or overwhelmed by trials and change.


1 comment:

Brenda said...

What a great word! I can tell why you love it.