Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A New Ride

Pediatricians now recommend that children stay rear-facing in the car until they're 2-years old.  I knew Sophia wouldn't fit in the regular carseat until she was 2 and the carseat type that Amelia has doesn't fit in our car rear-facing, so I figured I'd just keep Sophia rear-facing until 18-months and then put her in a carseat like Amelia's - front facing.

Well, the other day, Costco had the carseats on sale for $20 off, so I bought it and figured I'd just keep it in the garage for another 3 months.  But Ken is all about keeping our new garage clutter-free, so he suggested I just put the new carseat in the car.  Sophia was all smiles on Sunday when she rode to church in her new ride.  And liked playing in the carseat before installing it the car . . . who knew our kitchen paint is the same color as her hair ;)
As part of my continuing birthday celebrations, I went to Portland for a few days, just me and the girls.  I was grateful that Sophia was forward facing, as it made it easier to hand her things while I was driving - don't tell Ken I did that ;)  It was weird to go overnight somewhere without Ken and we missed him, but I really enjoyed my time staying with the Bullocks and meeting friends for lunch and dinner.  Thanks friends for a great few days - next time I'll have to make it longer . . . and bring Ken with me.

No comments: