I've been trying to find time, energy AND motivation to finish Sophia's baby quilt before she's not a baby anymore. A week or so ago, I pulled out the fabric squares and got it all laid out, ready to sew. . . .which got me all fired up and excited to start sewing. I set up my sewing table that I bought myself for Christmas and have been eagerly waiting for time when I could sew without interruption (or at least too much confusion). Tonight the stars all seemed to be lined up and I snuck off to sew while Ken played with the girls. And then the "incredible" happened - my sewing machine wouldn't work. I can't get the pedal to lower, so I can't sew. Big Bummer! Now I'm going to have to wait until I have money to get it repaired, then time to get it repaired, and then find the time, energy and motivation to start sewing again. I know this isn't tragic, but I'm super disappointed.
On a more positive "incredible" moment: I got a little red wagon for Sophia for Christmas and the girls love playing with it . . . and surprisingly they're pretty good at taking turns with it. Yesterday Amelia spent quite awhile giving Sophia a ride in the wagon and I was wishing I had had my camera with us in the playroom. And today, I "incredibly" watched as Sophia pulled Amelia in the wagon. Yep, you read that right. Sophia pulled Amelia from one end of the room to the other, without me even helping a little bit. I'm pretty sure I just stood there with my mouth open, amazed that Sophia could pull Amelia. By the time it registered in my mind, and I thought about running downstairs to get my camera, Sophia had stopped. Maybe I'll keep my camera with me tomorrow just in case.
No comments:
Post a Comment