Our little girl is growing up. "I'm a big girl now" she says. And big she is getting. She grew 2 1/2" in 6 months. No wonder she's been complaining about achy knees - she's growing fast. It was easy to plan a celebration for Sophia - all she wanted was purple balloons, party hats, and pink cupcakes - made by her and Daddy. I spare no expense, as you can see by the $.88 cake mix, ha-ha. 3-yr olds aren't picky - at least not when it comes to cupcakes.
Daddy made the cupcakes, or rather, supervised the girls making the cupcakes, as you can see in the video, while I wrapped the presents. A win-win for everyone.
I frosted and the girls sprinkled . . . and Amelia wondered why she couldn't have candles in her cupcake too ;)
We did a small party for Sophia with 2 of her friends. Planning a party is easy for 3-yr olds. Put a bunch of balloons into a big open room and let the kids go crazy with them. That lasted about 30 minutes . . . and one of the girls told me it was the "best party ever" - wahoo! And all I did was blow up a few dozen balloons. Of course, we fed them too - that was only slightly chaotic . . . only one little ghost got a "black eye".
We colored and played and ate cupcakes. And poor little Sophia couldn't get the candles on her cupcake to blow out . . . but Daddy stepped in and saved the day.
Amelia and Sophia are best friends . . . and best enemies. They play together so well . . . and they're getting really good at fighting too. Sophia doesn't let Amelia push her around - she just pushes right back. She's definitely got a temper, but she's also so loving. Sophia gives the best hugs and loves to cuddle.We loved having Grandpa Ernie come up for the party too - friends, balloons, Grandpa, pink cupcakes, and presents - a practically perfect party. When I asked Sophia if she had fun, she said "yes, but I am so tired". And that my friends, is another sign of success - wear them out then put them to bed ;)
Happy Birthday to my "sweet pea".
No comments:
Post a Comment