Saturday, November 1, 2014

Happy Halloween

I'm not a huge Halloween fan.  I've actually disliked it for quite a few years.  But I must admit that in the last few years, I've been warming up to the holiday.  I've always liked picking out and carving pumpkins . . . and it appears that my daughters like that too.  I was surprised that both girls "dug in" so enthusiastically.  Maybe it was because I gave them free reign to be dirty?
Neither girl would look up at me while they were digging out the "guts".  They were "too busy" to smile ;)
Apparently Daddy wasn't too busy to look up and smile for Amelia.  (And on a side note, I wish Sophia would keep her clothes on.)
2 of the 3 finished pumpkins.  We didn't get a picture of Ken's pumpkin with a light in it, but you can see his in the next picture.  
Choosing (and making) costumes is definitely the most stressful part of Halloween for me.  I stress about it for months.  I was thankful when the girls chose something easy (and both chose the same thing).  The costumes turned out like I had planned and the girls seemed to be happy with them, so that's a plus, right?
I went as the "Master Gardener".  I had a sign - so people wouldn't wonder why I was wandering around in gardening gloves - but hadn't put it on yet in this picture.  Me and my "can't hold still" blue flower - love her to pieces.
We went to our ward's Trunk or Treat as normal, then decided to come home and trick or treat a few houses in our cul-de-sac (the first time we've gone door-to-door).  Amelia loved that idea and wanted to keep going.  But then she complained that her trick-or-treat basket was too heavy . . . definitely time to go in. Amelia and Sophia's favorite treat?  A Pez dispenser they got from our neighbor.  They were fascinated by how it worked.  They haven't tried the candy yet, but I'm thinking the actual dispenser will be more of a hit than the actual candy ;)

2 comments:

Kimma said...

Pez dispensers for the win! What a classic treat. :) I love the flowers - such a cute and original idea!

Lisa said...

What a fun time for those cute girls! The costumes look great!