Misc Ramblings
- Last night our ward had a Talent Show. The girls have been so excited about being in the talent show. Ken and I were worried that they'd get scared at the last minute and wouldn't want to participate so we kept it simple, but they surprised both of us and danced and participated in our skit just like true daughters of a thespian ;)
- I think Amelia has inherited some of my Dad's "engineering" genes. She is always trying to make something with whatever is on hand. The other day Amelia wanted to make a leotard for Sophia so that she'd have one to play in. Amelia undid the serged edges on 3 scarves, then came and asked me for a needle so that she could sew the scarves together with the "yarn" she had just pulled off the edges of the scarves. I was way impressed, and sorry that I couldn't actually make a leotard out of scarves - maybe I should have put on my "engineer" hat . . . or at least used some duct tape.
- One of Ken's bosses from AZ turned 50 and invited us to her Pajama & Whipped Cream Birthday Party. Instead of attending the party in AZ, we had our own pajamas and whipped cream event. Amelia loved it . . . Sophia thought we were too silly.

- So a few weeks ago, I made this amazing caramel for dipping apples in. It is delicious! I halved the recipe and it still made a ton. And who wants to eat that many apples, right? But I discovered that if kept in the fridge, it is the perfect consistency to scoop out a chunk and eat like a piece of caramel candy. Perfect for a little "I need a piece of sugar right now before I throw a fit too" moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment