I wanted the girls to focus on thankfulness for the month of November, so I made a "Thankful Tree" and every day we've been adding leaves with things that we're thankful for. Sometimes we're thankful for silly things like "purple monkeys" or "funny clowns" or "hula dancers", but I've been impressed with all the things that the girls have thought of. Some of my favorites are "making words", "leaf storms", "rainbows", and "plants and grass". I'm also very thankful for family, friends, Jesus Christ, and all that we have - a warm home, food to eat, and healthy bodies. We truly are thankful for so many things and feel blessed that we have all we need.
One day I thought it would be fun to make turkeys. I don't think they've ever seen real turkeys, so they weren't sure what we were making. The girls kept calling them chickens. And that night at dinner, they seemed very surprised to find out that we were going to eat turkey for Thanksgiving dinner in a few days.
2 comments:
Darling!! Love those cute turkeys, and the thankful tree looks awesome.
Love your thankful tree! There are so many things to be thankful for (especially purple monkeys!).
Post a Comment