Friday, December 12, 2014

The Santa Saga & Other Tidbits

Amelia has kind of a love/hate relationship with Santa.  This picture was taken when she was 9-months old - not screaming, but not really loving being with Santa.  And I'm okay with that - Santa's a great guy and everything, but he's definitely not the reason we celebrate Christmas.
Last Saturday we went as a family to the Christmas Forest, an event sponsored by Providence.  It's a bunch of fabulously decorated Christmas trees, Santa, and crafts for the kids.  Amelia loves the crafts and some of the trees, but she did NOT want to sit on Santa's lap.  Sophia, on the other hand, went right up to Santa, sat on his lap, and told him she wanted a yo-yo for Christmas.  She looked so cute - and would you believe we forgot our camera?  Not to be forgotten, however, Amelia told Daddy what she wanted (a toy car) and made Daddy tell Santa. 

That night we went to our ward's Christmas party.  Santa was there again and neither girl wanted to sit on his lap.  Sophia seemed to be like "I already told Santa what I wanted; I don't need to tell him again".  And Amelia just wanted nothing to do with him.

Last night was Ken's work's Christmas party.  Ken and the 2 Jim's played music, there was plenty of good food . . .
and then Santa showed up.  Surprisingly, Amelia was one of the first in line.
This Santa wasn't listening to what the kids wanted for Christmas, instead he just handed them an unwrapped toy.  Amelia got a cute little monkey (ironically, a monkey identical to the one she got for a brief ER visit about 2+ years ago).  Amelia was devastated and cried and cried.  Santa didn't bring her the car she wanted.

It took Sophia a while before she wanted to go visit Santa.  I don't think she would have gone at all, but then she realized he was giving out gifts, and didn't want to be left out.  So here she is sitting with Santa . . . 
 Then Amelia and Daddy showed up for a picture.  But Amelia was still mad at Santa and didn't want to sit on his lap, so she "hid" in the back with Daddy.
And here are the girls at home, wound up with party energy and frosting from their cupcakes, being silly and showing off their gifts from Santa.
 

And in other semi-related news:  I was successful in my attempts to make snow globes with the girls this month.  Now what to do with the 8 oz. (minus 1/8 tsp) of glycerin I have left?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

The Santa dilemma is a tough one! We finally had to level with Brian this year about the truth of Santa, and it was tough. I think I'll be relieved when we can leave St. Nick behind.

Unknown said...

I just posted about Santa on our blog too. :)