- I've been taking the girls to story time at the library as part of my at-home pre-schooling. Amelia claims not to like it and doesn't want to go back, but she always participates when she's there . . . which is more than she's ever done in the past. I'm hoping to compromise with her to go every other week.
- Last year, I knew for months what the girls were going to be for Halloween. This year, I've been stressing for months because I had no idea what they wanted to be. So I started asking them, and when their answers were consistent, I went with it . . . and then told them it was too late to change their minds ;) So in the last few weeks, I've been working on Halloween costumes, which included dying shirts to match pants and tutus I bought. Unfortunately, the dye did not turn out at all like I hoped. My only consolation is that the girls don't seem to mind . . . and they'll be wearing the costumes at dusk/nighttime, so hopefully no one else will notice.
- Amelia's 2nd ballet class started today - and she was so excited. Afterwards she told me she already knew everything and wondered if her teacher knew anything else to teach her ;) I love that she's all lined up, in position . . .
And I love that there is a little boy in her class. Good for his parents!
- Sophia loves to dance as much as Amelia and has shown interest in taking a ballet class. So we bought her a leotard, skirt and ballet shoes and told her she could take a dance class in the Fall. But then when we went to register her for a class, we found out she wasn't old enough - by 4 weeks - so we couldn't do it. Sophia took the news okay, but still talks about taking a dance class. Today when Amelia's ballet class started, we found out we could get Sophia in a class anyway, but then Sophia told us she didn't want to go. But she looks like she wants to go, right?
- General Conference is this weekend - and I am loving it. Here are the girls waiting for it to start before they headed to the ballet class. Last Gen. Conf. I was over-prepared for activities for the girls to do while watching conference. This time, I pulled out all the stuff from last time, but added to it a buffet of snack foods. That was a bigger hit than the activities - letting them graze for 2 hours at a time - and when they were eating, they weren't talking - so I think it was a win/win. And even better, they were eating healthy snacks!
2 comments:
Good job mom! Can't wait to see the costumes. The girls look so cute dressed up for dance class- maybe they will both want to be in it the next round.
Oh...looking forward to pics of the costumes. So cute in their dance outfits ;)
Post a Comment