Saturday, October 18, 2014

Nothing Better Than Homemade

I have had this recipe for homemade peppermint patties (recipe from Mel's Kitchen Cafeon my "must try list" for almost a year now, and finally got around to making them today.
Mine didn't turn out nearly as pretty, but oh my, the flavor is amazing!  And WAY better than store-bought peppermint patties.  With dark chocolate on the outside . . . with no wheat, or oats, or peanuts inside . . . a totally no-guilt pleasure (BTW - eating sugar does NOT make me feel guilty). 

And the best part, the girls think the mint is "too spicy" and they're not really Ken's favorite treat, so it looks like the majority are all mine, mine, mine :)

And I think I'm going to be needing the entire bag of treats to handle my nearly 3-yr old, who has abruptly transitioned into the "Terrible Threes".  Today, Sophia got mad at me because I had to change her diaper.  So, in retaliation, she took all the clothes out of her dresser and threw them on the floor.  A few hours later, this was repeated after another needed diaper change: clothes all over the floor again, but this time, I found her naked, buried under the covers in her bed, sound asleep.

I may have to make a batch of these mints every few weeks to keep me smiling ;)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

You deserve a yummy treat mama!! I'm glad my daughter is not the only one who gets mad at her mom. Good thing they are so cute most of the time.

Kimma said...

I've been wanting to make that very recipe myself but haven't been ambitious enough to do so. I'm glad to have a recommendation from you that they are delicious and do-able. :) Enjoy your treats, you deserve them!