I also have been gearing up to potty-train Sophia, and hoping that maybe potty-training Sophia might rub off of on Amelia. And I had the thought that maybe I could use the newly decorated tree as potty-training incentives for Sophia. . . and maybe even Amelia.
This is how my day has gone so far. Sophia was willing to sit on the potty this morning, but after a few minutes she started asking for her diaper. So I put on her diaper and she promptly pees in it. But I let Sophia pick a balloon from the tree for at least making an effort. So I keep pumping her full of juice and water, but she won't sit on the potty again. Instead, her diaper leaked while she was sitting on me, so we both had to change our clothes. Meanwhile, Amelia still doesn't want anything to do with potty-training and Sophia refuses to sit on the potty again.
Maybe 2014 will be our lucky year for potty-training.
So, this afternoon I told the girls that they could just take the decorations off the tree to play with them. Amelia says to me "you mean we can take them off without sitting on the potty?" and when I answer "yes", she says to me "that is terrific!" and gives me a big hug.
And when one of the party horns didn't make any noise, I told her it was probably because I didn't spend very much money on them. So Amelia says to me, "maybe you should spend more money on them next time". Hhm? I think I'm okay with noise makers that don't make much noise ;)
1 comment:
I think 2014 will be the year you gals conquer the potty training. I'll be praying for you!
Post a Comment