Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas and the Aftermath

  • Christmas was a lovely day at our house.  Sophia woke up at 7:15a, but Amelia didn't get up until 7:45a.  We were just getting ready to wake her up when she got up on her own.
  • The girls loved Christmas.  Amelia was so excited playing with her new stuff, that she didn't want to eat anything, and didn't end up eating until lunch time.

    • Santa doesn't bring much to our house, except for small toys and treats in our stockings.  But Sophia didn't even get to her stocking until almost 5pm.
    • One of my sisters and a cousin posted a birthday wish to my Mom on Facebook.  When I saw it, I cried, and then Amelia saw me crying and wanted to know why.  I told her Christmas was also Grandma Joy's birthday.  So Amelia asked how we could get presents to her since she is in Heaven.  I told her maybe we could just be nice to each other; she didn't seem to think that was a fun idea.
    • Amelia woke up crying early this morning because she had a "bad" dream that we had already taken down the Christmas tree.  I'm not ready for it to come down either
    • And speaking of things I'm not ready for, I'm not ready to stop listening to Christmas music. Thank goodness for Pandora.
    • Every year I think about going to get Christmas items on clearance at stores, but today while I was in a store, it was so congested and chaotic in that section of the store, I just had to walk away without buying anything.  The frenzy makes you feel like you need everything, but in reality, I probably need very little of what was there.

    No comments: