Saturday, November 30, 2013

Christmas Tree

The day after Thanksgiving, we did our family tradition of going to a tree farm and picking out a Christmas tree.  Before we even got to the trees, Sophia had to stop and take the tractor for a "drive". 
Part 1 - the Hunt
Part 2 - the Find
Part 3 - Bringing it in
After Ken cut down our tree, the girls "helped" him pull it back to the pay station.
While we waited for Ken to get the tree measured, paid for, shaken and wrapped, the girls and I patted goats . . .
. . . and sat in Santa's sleigh - somebody forgot to tell them to smile ;)
Sophia wanted to go talk to Santa, but wasn't brave enough to sit on his lap.  She did wish him a Merry Christmas, however.  Amelia, on the other hand, wanted nothing to do with Santa and stood crying behind me while Sophia talked to him.

Yesterday Ken did the hard part of setting up the tree and putting on the lights.  And today, the girls and I decorated the tree.  When I came in to start, I found that the girls had already put some ornaments on the tree.  Sophia's is the motorcycle ;)
After it was all finished, we took pictures next to the tree.

Yesterday I helped the girls put on lights and decorations on a little fake tree in our playroom.   They were so excited and loved helping put on the ornaments.  However, that evening when I went to put away toys with the girls, I found that Sophia had pulled all the ornaments off the tree and made 2 piles  - one of the ornaments and one with the hooks and tops of the ornaments.  Oye!  So, I was a little nervous to put the breakable ornaments on our tree, but so far so good. 

And after the tree decorating was finished, the girls sang their rendition of "Frosty the Snowman", in a rather rowdy, just their style, way.



1 comment:

Lisa said...

Darling! What a lovely tree. Gotta love that personal touch that children bring to holiday decor :-)