Monday, November 4, 2013

Just a Few Things

  • My girls love Halloween candy as much as I do.  Sophia would eat it continually if I'd let her.  My rule is that you have to eat something healthy before eating the candy; consequently, Sophia didn't eat dinner last night because all she wanted was candy.  The Stubborn Two's are very evident at our house.
  • I did something for the first time this last weekend.  I spent 2 1/2 days without my girls - the first time I've ever been separated from them for more than a few hours.  Turns out, it was much easier for me than it was for Ken ;)
  • The day of my mom's funeral was beautiful.  This is a picture of the sunrise on the mountains in Cache Valley that day.  I couldn't help but think "oh how lovely is the morning" and marvel at the wonderful creations that have been made for us.

  • Below is a picture of my Dad with my siblings, plus the indian foster student that lived at our house for 7 years.  The weather was warmer and dryer than it's been in WA for months, so I enjoyed soaking in the sun without needing a coat or jacket.

  • When I came home from UT, I was so excited to see that the buds on my Christmas cactus had almost all opened up.  My mom loved to watch plants/flowers grow and bloom, and I inherited her enthusiasm.  This is a picture that Amelia took of Ken and Sophia.




1 comment:

Lisa said...

Glad your weekend went well, glad you could be there with your family. Way to go Ken holding down the fort!