Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Today's Happenings . . .


  • The only good thing about spilled milk inside the fridge is that it gives me an excuse to clean the shelves.
  • Things we lost under the refrigerator today:  Ken's birthday card and Amelia's harmonica.
  • In a quiet moment:  I found the girls playing quietly and nicely with the play-dough.  AND Amelia even put away the play-dough when she was done.
  • The only good thing about food spilt/thrown/dropped on the floor - at least the floor gets spot mopped.
  • We got mylar balloons for Ken for his birthday.  I can't count the number of times I've gotten them down from the ceiling today (thank goodness for long strings).
  • I bought some new summer clothes for Amelia and Sophia and brought them home for them to try on.  Both girls threw fits trying them on; they like getting new clothes, but for some reason they hate trying them on.  The only plus side was that the tantrums were at home and not at the store.
  • In another quiet moment I found Amelia methodically pulling off the leaves of my Christmas cactus and tearing them into shreds.
  • In response to being sad about the cactus, Sophia gave me a hug and a kiss.
  • And if I haven't completely lost it by bedtime, I'll reward myself with some of Ken's leftover birthday ice cream cake.

No comments: