I love to weed. I love how it creates order and makes everything look so clean outside. Our new yard is a bit of a mental challenge to me. The previous owners just planted everything at random, or so it seems to me. There are way too many types of plants in each flower bed and it looks so chaotic - things planted too close together, no "pattern" to the planting, and too many types of ground cover in the same flower beds. But none the less, I find joy in weeding and look forward to eventually getting the flower beds to look like I think they should look.
I also enjoy gardening. I've only done a NW garden a few times, and am slowly figuring out what works and doesn't work. 2 years ago we bought large tomato starts and we got quite a few tomates - a few red ones, but a lot of green. Last year, we bought smaller tomato starts and we ended up with no red tomatoes and a ton of green tomatoes. This year, we planted our tomatoes from seed, and have been growing them inside until it's warm enough to put them outside. They are growing so well in our garden window, I'm not sure we're going to have space for them inside by the time it's warm enough to put them outside. We'll wait and see how much the wildlife is going to eat.
Amelia loves flowers and has loved picking flowers in our yard and when we go on walks (I only let her pick dandelions and other weeds in other people's yard). Saturday Amelia proudly showed me a bucket full of flowers that she had picked in our yard. When I went to check on the strawberries, I sadly noticed that the blossoms were missing. When I asked Amelia if she had picked the blossoms, she said yes. When I explained that that meant no strawberries, she dug through her flowers in her bucket until she found the strawberry blossoms, and put them back in with the strawberries. I had to explain that that wasn't how it worked and advised her not to pick any more blossoms if she wanted strawberries (which she loves).
On one of the first sunny and warm days that we had, the girls wanted to have their snack as a picnic outside. And now Amelia wants to eat outside whenever she sees a picnic table.
No comments:
Post a Comment