Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Random Updates

Today was such a better day than yesterday.  I did 3 loads of laundry, emptied the dishwasher, fixed a crockpot dinner, cleaned 3 bathrooms, got a nap, went on a walk with girls, and played without tantrums!  The only thing that would make this day better would be to end it with more ice cream, but alas, the ice cream cake is all gone.

And speaking of cake, I regularly read The Cake Wrecks Blog and laugh at misspellings and other cake decoration blunders.  I thought of them as I picked up Ken's birthday cake.  It was a small cake (since we had already celebrated with gourmet cupcakes), and I told them that if there wasn't room to write "Happy Birthday Ken", that they could leave it off.  But I guess they were determined to try anyway.  It's the thought that counts, right?
For some reason, the girls like to sit on the kitchen floor when eating snacks.  I really don't mind, since it makes clean up super easy.
We went to Portland last weekend, and among other things, enjoyed a visit with Ken's Dad and Mom.  Amelia loves her "Grandpa Ernie".
Sophia wasn't so sure.  Some times she let him hold her, and other times no.
Sophia loves to climb.  She climbs up chairs, onto our bathroom counter top, and today I found her here.  I guess Sophia wanted more snacks.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

It's a good thing we have those nice pleasant days to balance out the tough ones!