Thursday, October 19, 2017

Mid-October

So, I'm trying a new thing . . . it's called "posting a bit at a time" instead of "posting an overload of pictures and tidbits".  We'll see if I can keep this up!

I was lucky to go on Sophie's field trip to Hunter Farm to the pumpkin patch, and even luckier that it was not only dry, but warm too!   
The first weekend of Oct. was Lacey's "Children's Day".  I've never taken the girls because it usually falls on the weekend of General Conference, but this year they didn't conflict, so off we went to spend a few hours doing crafts, winning prizes, and enjoying that it wasn't raining . . . and when it started to rain, we headed home.

Oct. 14 was Utah State University's Homecoming . . . and the game was being shown for free on Facebook.  I put on my game shirt and spent a few hours watching my Aggies come from ahead to lose.  Oh well, not everyone can be a winner, right? ;)  
The year is coming to a close, and with it, the joy of sleeping in and playing around on Sunday mornings before church.  Sophie built this cute play dough monster . . .
 while Amelia zoomed back and forth on this block base with wheels.  I'm surprised she didn't break it . . . and even more surprised that I didn't stop her from doing it.  For better or worse, my "I don't care" portion of my brain is getting bigger.  :)

No comments: