Oye! We've had a busy summer. I can't believe it's the end of September already, but man, am I ever ready for things to slow down. In mid-July, my cousin and her family came to visit and we all went camping in the Olympic National Park. We played at Ruby Beach, where we saw more starfish than I've ever seen on a beach.
Then we went to Sol Duc Falls. These pictures don't even do it justice; the colors are so intense and beautiful.
And we ended our adventure with a hike through the Hoh Rain Forest. So much moss!
I love spending time with family . . . and it was fun to have my cousin and her family come visit me and my family.
Our next summer adventure was the Schnell family reunion in Montana - at Ken's Dad's new house, plus camping in Glacier National Park.
Due to little legs and endless whining from kids and teens, we only went on one hike, but we were able to see so much beauty just driving through the park.
The chipmunks were a bit too friendly ;)
And the water - so blue!
We went swimming at LoLo Hot Springs . . .
And cooked and laughed together.
It was definitely time well spent.
After we were back, I took the girls to pick blueberries,
treated our neighbors (and the girl's best friends) to ice cream before they moved,
hosted a neighborhood water balloon fight (balloons courtesy of the neighbor),
and took the girls to the SW Washington Fair. The girl's favorite part was the animals :)
We did a few miles together on our bikes on the Chehalis Western Trail,
watched the eclipse (courtesy of glasses from a neighbor (we have the best neighbors)),
and then the girls and I went to Portland for a few days to hang out with our friends, the Bullocks. The girls and I had fun shopping, splashing in the river, and playing on the Bullock's swing set and trampoline. And eating ice cream sundaes made especially for them by Burt Bullock.
Ken had to work on Labor Day, so we did our annual beach trip on the Saturday before. We were blessed with sunshine, blue skies, and it was only mildly cold - hence the fleece I'm wearing and the long sleeves Ken has on. The girls do not seem to mind the cold - they must be from the NW ;)
The girls were excited that it was windy enough to fly their kites.
School started for Amelia on Sept. 6 - 2nd Grade - I can hardly believe it. I think she is liking it so far . . . keeping our fingers crossed that the enthusiasm will continue :)
Sophia is repeating Kindergarten, but with a new teacher. Some days she likes it, some days she wishes she was in 1st Grade with her friends. Hopefully it will be a good year for her as well.
Then it was my turn for some fun - without the kids. I flew to UT for 6 days to do the Time Out For Women conference in Logan - time spent with childhood friends, while getting inspired and uplifted,
help my Dad de-clutter a bit at his house (pardon the bad selfie - neither my Dad nor I are very good at it, ha-ha),
and relax, including eating UT ice cream with my niece and nephew.
The next weekend was Sophie's tap class,
a free night's stay at the McMenamin's in Bothell (courtesy of Ken's Dad)
where the girls LOVED swimming in the shallow, warm, salty water,
then we headed home in time for the Primary Program - my favorite time of the year. My good neighbor bought these cute matching dresses for the girls after we invited her to come see the girls in the Primary Program. Such thoughtful neighbors we have!
And that's our summer in a nut-Schnell!






































1 comment:
Oh my goodness, you guys have been busy!! I can't believe Amelia is in second grade?? They are too cute and getting so big. Miss you guys!!
Post a Comment