I've heard more than one person say it, but the last week of October was crazy! And it didn't help that it was half-day at school all week, due to Parent Teacher Conferences. Amelia had her gymnastics class on Wed. and climbed the rope, not once, but TWICE. That girl has some strong arms . . . probably from her repetitive monkey bars and handstands!
Then it was Sophie's 6th birthday! Can you believe this sweet thing is 6? I can't. For her birthday, she chose a sushi place for dinner. Sophie and Amelia gobbled up the sushi so fast, I didn't even get to take a picture of our yummy dinner . . . but I did get this "great" family picture . . . his side and her side of the booth, ha-ha.
The next night was the elementary school's Harvest Carnival and the girls got to wear their Halloween costumes. I have fond memories of Halloween carnivals at my school when I was their age, unfortunately, this was nothing like that. There were lots of fun activities for the kids, but no one had taken into account that many people would be standing in line for these events and they had 90% of them crammed in the gym. But . . . the girls had fun, and that's the important part.
And then on Saturday was Sophie's birthday party . . . at Skateland. It was so fun to watch everyone skate and to watch them helping each other out.
Sophie doesn't like cake, so I figured an ice cream "cake/ pie" would be perfect. Plus it is super easy to make, and a whole lot cheaper than buying one. I didn't take into consideration, however, that we weren't going to be out our house, which would make it a bit tricky when it came to serving. Let's just say that it tasted delicious, was super messy, and as for the crust? What crust? (I may or may not have eaten the crust at home since it was the only part leftover.)
Sophie was excited to get not one, but two musical instruments for her birthday - a guitar and a harmonica. . . . and maybe someday she'll learn how to play them both at the same time :)
On Monday, it "rained" leaves all day long, and with it being so sunny and dry, the girls and I thought we'd help Ken rake up the leaves before the rains came in. I am thankful that my girls like to help . . . even if their help didn't last long, they actually were quite helpful.

Ken carved pumpkins with the girls on Sunday night while I was at choir practice, so the only picture I have of them and their pumpkins is this one I took on Halloween after school prior to trick-or-treating. The weather was so warm, Amelia ended up in shorts that day.
And with that, October is over . . . phew! I'm thankful that November is looking less busy!








1 comment:
What a cute birthday girl!! I cannot believe that's the same tiny cutie in nursery who used to sit on my lap. I am also VERY thankful that October is done. It was crazy!!
Post a Comment