Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Misc Ramblings

  • The girls love playing with Daddy, and he happily obliges.  (BTW - I always said I wouldn't be one of those moms that let their kids run around in just a diaper . . . you should never say never . . . I can not keep clothes on my hot-blooded girls).


  • Amelia LOVES Sunbeams.  She has dragged me to the Primary room each Sunday after Sacrament Mtg.  Yeah!
  • A few weeks ago, I was able to hook up with my friend, Molly (pictured here with her beautiful nieces), that I haven't seen for over 6 years.  It was as if it had only been a week since I'd seen her last.  I love friends like that.  Molly's nieces loved playing with my girl's hair while Molly and I were visiting - it was a perfect distraction/entertainment.  

  • I know it's only January, but I have already started planning activities, etc. for my girls for this summer's road-trips.  I have come to the maybe obvious conclusion that they are happiest with interaction from me, rather than me just handing them something to do.  I'm wishing I had a passenger seat that I could turn around to face the girls so I wouldn't have to spend so much road time sitting sideways in my seat.
  • I miss my mom.
  • When it rains all winter, you find the fun where you can:

  • So it turns out that the wrong table got shipped to us, which is why it doesn't look at all like what we thought it should look like.  In the meantime, we are all enjoying are new wrong table.  I love having counter-height chairs to use at our bar.  And the girls like sitting at the bar.  As for when our wrong table is going to be made right, we have no idea.  Costco ordered us the right table and told us the vendor doesn't want the wrong table back, so when the new table eventually shows up, we'll figure out what we're going to do with the wrong table.

  • This is how I found my girls today when it had gotten just a bit too quiet upstairs.
  • And just now, while working on this blog, the doorbell rings, and there is Amelia and Sophia on the doorstep.  Amelia says to me "here is my little girl, I'm just dropping her off."  I love the creative, imaginative minds of my little girls.  And I love that they play together so well.

    2 comments:

    Lisa said...

    Those girls are too cute!! So glad Sunbeams is going well.

    molly said...

    So glad to see you again. And glad to know I'm not just your blog-stalker ;)