When you get home from a vacation, it's nice to just unwind for a bit without doing too much - and that's just what we've done this last week . . . a lot of nothing. Ken had to work on July 4th, and the girls are scared of the loud noises that the fireworks make, so we didn't do anything to celebrate and it seemed like just another day of the week. I was a little sad by that fact, because I love July 4th and love celebrating anything patriotic. I tried to tell the girls about why we celebrate July 4th, have a flag posted in our yard, and why people shoot off fireworks . . . but I'm pretty sure most of it didn't sink it. In the meantime, I dressed the girls in Patriotic attire (they wanted their pictures taken next to the daisies and dandelions we had picked in our yard).
and took their picture next to the flag in our front yard - thank you Boy Scouts! But that was the extent of our celebration. Maybe next year will be better.
Meanwhile, in preparation for our camping trip next month, Ken set up our new 8-person tent and we slept overnight in our back yard. The girls loved playing in the tent - what kid doesn't?Ken spent awhile pumping up this large air mattress, only to find out that it had a hole in it. Which is maybe a good thing, since Sophia kept rolling off of it. It took the girls quite awhile to go to sleep and they woke up with the sun, but they both slept through the night - and that's about as good as we can expect at this stage . . . so I guess we're ready!
We continue to have more flowers coming up in the flower beds. It's fun to see what will come up next. We have lilies (I think that's what these are) of all colors and in very random places in the yard.
And we have these. The leaves are tall and the buds are just now starting to open. And we have no idea what they are.
1 comment:
What a cute, fun family! Glad your trip to UT went well; I'm still praying I survive mine ;-)
Post a Comment