Saturday, July 27, 2013

More Complete Randomness

  • On Monday, Sophia climbed out of her crib at nap time.  So on Tuesday we moved her to a toddler bed.  I wasn't really ready to do it this soon, and I don't think Sophia was either, but I didn't want her climbing out of her crib again.  On Tuesday night I heard a little rustling outside of our bedroom door.  I thought it was Amelia, but there sat Sophia - on the floor, outside our door, looking like she wasn't quite sure what to do with herself.  Nap time and bed time have been a struggle all week, but I'm hopeful that it will get better.  As it is, Amelia has been falling to sleep before Sophia . . . and that hasn't happened since Sophia was born.
  • I really like children's DVD's that have no previews on them and start on their own without having to press Play.  Kudos to Baby Einstein and Signing Time for getting it right.
  • The other night at dinner, Amelia and Sophia were eating really good.  When I complimented Amelia on it, she said to me, "I can't help it, it's so delicious".  And what were we having for dinner?  Broccoli with spinach and cheese soup.  I love that they love good food.
  • I love getting a bargain, and I think garage sales, thrift stores, etc. are great, but when you're looking for specific items, it's a little like looking for a needle in a haystack - monotonous and rarely productive.
  • I have decided that I need training in order to potty train Amelia.  I have no idea what I am doing or how to do it, despite having read multiple articles and suggestions.  At 3 1/2 yrs old, I'm eager to get Amelia potty-trained. . . but she's not ready, so I wait and wonder and try to be supportive and encouraging.
  • Sophia is talking more and more and I always feel bad when I don't understand her.  Amelia seems to understand her . . . or she's better at guessing.
  • I LOVE that Amelia and Sophia play so well together . . . and want to play together.  They ride bikes, dig in the dirt, play pretend house/camping/etc., and whatever else they can do together.  What a blessing it is for me that I don't have to entertain them all the time; they can entertain each other.
  • I signed Amelia up for a 4-week dance class.  It starts next month.  She loves to dance at home, and seems excited about the class; I'm hoping she'll enjoy it. 
  • I'm playing the organ at church tomorrow.  I practiced this week, but I haven't played in church for years and I'm a tad nervous.  I even had a dream that I couldn't get the organ loud enough for people to hear.  

No comments: