Monday, July 15, 2013

Beach Trip

We went to the beach this past week for a Schnell family reunion and it was awesome.  We had great weather, great food, and fun times.  We stayed in Pacific City, right near this beach (Cape Kiwanda), and the girls loved it.

The girls always love playing in the sand and Sophia still likes to lay in it.

But they also had fun running on the beach.  The water was cold, as always, but since it was super low tide, there were plenty of puddles and streams to run and splash in.


Cape Kiwanda has a huge sand hill.  Amelia wanted to climb it, but we didn't make it very far.  Frankly, I'm glad she didn't have the energy to go all the way to the top, because I'm pretty sure I didn't.  
The weather was perfect for flying kites - very windy.  Amelia got her first chance to fly her own kite and she was so excited . . . you can tell by the look on her face.  
She did amazingly well . . . and loved it.


We went to a different beach on another day, but I wasn't as prepared for the girls to play, so it looked a bit like this (in my defense, I misunderstood where we were going - but the girls didn't seem to mind).

We also had a great time playing with Grandma Diane, Grandpa Ernie and our SoCal Schnell cousins.


We can't wait to go to the beach again!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

What a fun family trip! Looks like the girls had a blast!