A while back, I saw a cute idea for tooth-fairy pillows . . . the idea being that the tooth goes in a pocket in the pillow instead of tucked under a pillow where the tooth fairy has to find it in the middle of the night. I thought it was brilliant . . . but the ones I saw advertised were around $20 each! Crazy, right! I knew I could make something similar, for much less money and saved the idea for when it was needed.
A few days ago, Amelia told me she thought one of her teeth was loose. And so I made a tooth-fairy pillow . . . out of scraps I had on hand . . . to be ready for that first lost tooth. And all it cost me was about an hour of my time . . . mostly spent unpicking and re-trimming, since I was doing it without a pattern and in a hurry to finish it before I lost momentum and energy. Don't look too closely at the stitching (it's definitely not perfect) and Amelia helped decorate it this morning with the "A". . . but it will definitely serve its purpose and Amelia was excited about it. (And of course I made one for Sophia too - even though it is a few years off before she will need to use hers.)
And this afternoon, Amelia said "oh, my tooth just came out" and she proudly showed it to me. I can't tell you how excited I was that Amelia pulled it out herself, instead of me having to do it for her. And that we somehow escaped the drama that is usually a part of everything in our house.

1 comment:
YAY Amelia!! And yay mom, you deserve to have one easy milestone!! :-D
Post a Comment