Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Off to School

First off - don't you just love our new family pictures?  My friend Pam, of PJ Kirkwood Photography, took them, and we all love them . . . and it doesn't hurt that my girls love Pam so they were more than willing to cooperate.


Amelia has been anxiously awaiting going to school for at least a year and the time has finally come.  She was supposed to start school on Sept. 9, but with the change to all-day Kindergarten for everyone, they changed the start date to Sept. 14, with a meet-and-greet with the teacher on the 9th.  Here are the girls with Amelia's teacher, Mrs. McKinney.
Amelia was so excited on the first day.  She refused to comb her hair or brush her teeth, but she literally ran/skipped all the way to the bus stop.
Ken and I were at odds whether or not Amelia would actually ride the bus to school on the first day or have to be driven to school.  But I won the bet - Amelia was very excited to ride the bus and jumped right on board when it got to our stop.  She only hesitated slightly, before continuing down the aisle to find a seat.  Mommy only cried a bit - after the bus had pulled away - I am so proud of Amelia.  She has made so much progress this year and was super ready to start school.
It's different at home during the day, with Amelia in school all day.  Sophia hasn't had a playmate, so she has become my little helper instead, and I love it.  Sophia started Joy School (a co-op preschool) today.  She was so excited and loved her first day.
I have a feeling that this is going to be a great year.  Both girls learning and growing (without me by their side) and a little time for me - to volunteer at Amelia's school, work on long overdue projects, and have a little down time.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

What grown-up young ladies!! I'm so happy for all three of you having a successful start to the school year.