Sunday, January 25, 2015

An Interesting Week

I haven't posted anything deep and meaningful lately, and I'm not sure this blog post is going to end up that way, but here I go.

On Wed, I got a phone call from my sister that my Dad had had a really serious heart attack on Tues. night.  My Dad, ever the practical one, had actually driven himself to the urgent care, and was surprised when they told him he'd had a heart attack and checked him into the Hospital.  The next morning, the Logan hospital, after discovering how serious the heart attack was (they called it a "widow maker" - 2 arteries 95% blocked), transported him to the Ogden hospital, who scheduled him for open heart bypass surgery on Friday.

Friday came and the triple bypass surgery went great.  My brother and sister-in-law were at the hospital all day and sent us all text message updates regularly to keep us all in the loop.  My Dad is doing so well, they took him out of ICU on Sat. and is scheduled for discharge from the hospital on Wed. The nurses say he is recovering like someone 65yrs or younger, not like someone who is almost 85.

Through this whole experience, I have felt peace, not scared; comforted, not stressed.  I have felt my prayers answered and know prayers have been answered on behalf of my Dad.  It's been an amazing experience.   I wish I lived closer to be able to help my Dad, but I will do what I can from here and know that my brother and sister and their families are doing a great job helping and supporting my Dad.

2 comments:

molly said...

I will add my prayers to yours. Hope all is well.

Lisa said...

I'm glad he is making a good recovery- we will be praying for him too.