Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Potty Tale

Once upon a time there were two beautiful girls named Amelia & Sophia.  They lived with their Mom and Dad and were such lovely, happy girls.  They loved to dance and sing and play pretend.  But there was one thing that they both refused to do . . . use the potty.  Their mother has tried everything she can think of, including getting a friend to help, but to no avail - they just don't want to use the potty.

But then there are those moments when I (oh, I mean the Mommy) think I see a breakthrough.  Like when we were traveling and Sophia suddenly decides she wants to pee in the potty and does so, successfully, 3 times in a row.  But then won't even try it once when we get home.

Or the morning Amelia surprised me by getting ready all on her own, including changing her own pull-up!  And continues to change her own pull-up, as long as it isn't poopy.

And lately, Amelia has been changing Sophia's diaper . . . as long as it isn't poopy.

One day this week, I told Sophia that she should teach Amelia how to use the potty because she was so good at it.  But Sophia answers with "no, Amelia is afraid of the potty".

On another day, Amelia spontaneously told me that she didn't want to wear underwear because "underwear is messy".  Perhaps this is because when she's worn underwear, she refuses to try to sit on the potty, so she gets the mess all over her and then has to help me clean it up.  I've been trying to convince her that diapers are messier . . . especially when they're not designed/built for big girls and can't hold everything.

And now my little princess has told me that she doesn't want to go to Kindergarten next year because she doesn't want to wear underwear.

Of course, the Mommy tries to convince herself that she's not a bad mommy because her children are stubborn and don't want to be potty-trained.  And she tries not to worry that she's going to have to homeschool her children because they won't get potty-trained.  The Daddy is saving his money for a new iPad, but what we really need is an iPotty.  I'm pretty sure I'd pay whatever the cost!

1 comment:

molly said...

You are NOT a bad mummy...as long as they're out of diapers by high school, it's considered a win ;)