- I come to the conclusion every time I go on a road trip - there are no good road-tripping snacks that don't involve wheat, oats, or peanuts . . . except for popcorn and some candy. Needless to say, I ate a lot of popcorn and candy in the last 2 weeks.
- And speaking of snacks, I learned that it's not a good thing to bring snacks for the girls that they've never tried before. I thought it would be a good idea, like bringing new toys to play with, but I was left with a bunch of snacks no one wanted.
- The activities/games/entertainment for the girls went better than last year. There were only a few things the girls didn't want to play with, and ironically, it was the same things they loved playing with last year, just with a new look.
- In my preparations for the girls entertainment, I reserve movies at the library - movies they haven't seen before or for a long time so that they're new and fresh. I got a bit ahead of myself this year and reserved some a bit too early. When I went to the library a few weeks before we left, they handed me one of my selected movies. I couldn't hand it back to them and ask them to hold it for me longer, so I took it home, intending to just renew the movie before we left. But a few days before we left, when I tried to renew it, I discovered that the movie had a hold on it and I couldn't renew it. Now for my dilemma - do I return the movie without the girls even watching it or take the movie with me and incur a late fee? What a dilemma for a rules girl like me. With Ken's encouragement (he's the little devil on my shoulder in this case), I took the movie with us, and returned it 1 day after we got home, and paid my $.90 late fee.
- While we were traveling and while at the reunion, all 4 of us slept in the same room. I discovered that both girls talk in their sleep. One night I heard Amelia say something and then Sophia answered her . . . and it made me giggle.
- Ya know how it is when you get home from a vacation, it seems like it takes as much time to unpack, unwind, and get back into the swing of things as it did to prepare/pack for the trip. It seems like it has taken even longer than normal this time. Amelia got the stomach virus on Monday - thank goodness Ken had the day off. But then Sophia and I got the virus on Wed night/ Thurs.- thank goodness Ken was able to call in sick to take care of us. And now it's Friday already and I still don't feel like I've gotten much done this week. Here's hoping next week is better.
Friday, July 25, 2014
Random Travel Notes & The Last Few Days
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Coming home from vacation is definitely it's own challenge. Hope everyone is feeling better today!
It has been so fun to get caught up on your blog. Your girls are getting so big! I think I am ready to start blogging again.
Post a Comment