It's that time of year again . . . it's strawberry time! Ken LOVES strawberries. I like strawberries, but Ken LOVES strawberries . . . and so do the girls. So on Saturday afternoon, we headed to the berry farm, rode the "Berry Express" out to the fields, and started picking.
The girls did pretty good. Well, mostly okay. Sophia had a hard time only picking the ripe ones, but Amelia did great. And they only got bored right near the end of our picking . . . but then I got bored too . . . but Ken said I had to keep picking ;) Here are Sophia and Amelia saying "strawberry".So what do you do with 2 overflowing flats of strawberries? I wish I knew! I wish I was more of a strawberry connoisseur, but all I really know what to do with them is make strawberry jam.
I'm wondering if the checker at the grocery store could guess what I was making today since this was all that was in our cart.
Once I got the strawberries cleaned and hulled and chopped, the girls helped me stir in the lemon, pectin and sugar . . . lots of sugar - oye!
Amelia was so proud of "her" jars of jam.
Amelia took this picture . . .
and this video (it's a bit long but fun to hear Amelia narrate).
Sophia wasn't as excited about "her" jam. I think the whole long process wore her out.
I feel like I spent all day making 3 batches of jam. . .
We're all set for strawberries.
Now we have blueberries and blackberries to look forward to.
1 comment:
How fun! I'll have to have Andrew take the kids there. Dory would go crazy- she loves strawberries more than anything.
Post a Comment