- Ken and I had our 9th wedding anniversary last week. We went golfing and out to dinner on Saturday to celebrate. We learned how to golf when we first got married and have enjoyed doing it together, but it's been over 4 years since we've been golfing. I was a little nervous, but actually didn't do as poorly as I thought I would. We had a great time, except for the bee sting I got while half way through our game - serves me right for wearing sandals instead of shoes while golfing.
- I've been preparing for our road trip to UT and I think I'm all ready. This year I made a few adjustments to the "entertainment" after last year's trip. I made/bought less activities to hand to them and instead, tried to create/think of more activities that we can all do together. The girls and I made BINGO markers out of glass beads, paper, and magnets. That was already a hit on our road trip to the beach last month, so I'm hopeful it will still be good. And how do I determine success? If the girls play with it for more than 5 minutes. BINGO lasted 30 minutes when we played with it on our way back/forth to the beach - that is a major success in my book.
- Recently Amelia has wanted to have "tea parties". She doesn't actually want to drink anything (so water works out perfectly), she just wants to pour it from teapot to cup and from cup to cup, etc. Today she really wanted to have a tea party, but it was cold outside (which is the where we have tea parties so that I don't get grumpy about the mess). Not to be deterred, Amelia sat outside, by herself, in her jacket and wrapped up in a blanket to have a tea party for one . . . because neither Sophia nor I wanted to be outside in the cold. Eventually, she ended up back inside, where her and Sophia had a tea party on the rug - so it wouldn't be so messy. And everyone was happy.
Wednesday, June 25, 2014
More Random Happenings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment