Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter and Ballet

Amelia had her first ballet class on Saturday.  In contrast to the dance class that she took last summer, Amelia LOVED this class.  She participated, smiled, had a great experience, and can't wait for next week's class.  Ken took her to the class and since I wasn't there to see it, Ken took a bunch of videos.  Luckily for you, I'm only posting 1 video here - of Amelia's favorite part "Good-bye Toes, Hello Toes".
Saturday we also colored Easter eggs.  I finally had enough courage to do something I love, but can potentially be very messy, so this was the first time the girls had done it and they loved it.

Amelia doesn't look very happy in this picture, but I think she was just in deep thought ;)
And then we had our annual Easter egg hunt in the backyard . . . in between rain showers.  I hid 69 eggs and the girls found 67.  I found 1 of the "lost" eggs later that day, and Sophia found the other "lost" egg today.
 Part 2 of the egg hunt:
Fortunately, Amelia was a nice sister, and gave Sophia the pink egg that they had both grabbed for at the same time.  I wish I had caught that on video too.

Here are the happy, not quite rained out, egg hunters, with their very full Easter baskets.




No comments: