Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Conference & Children's Museum

Last weekend was General Conference . . . and I loved it.  If you didn't have a chance to see it, or like me, watched it with a few distractions, check it out here.  I loved that Amelia remembered watching Conference 6-months ago and was looking forward to our traditions.  Here are the girls waiting for it to start.  It's hard to be relatively quiet for 2 hours at a time, times 4, but with a large collection of quiet toys/ games/ activities at their disposal, the girls did really well.  I even heard Amelia say on Sunday morning, "Yeah, it's General Conference!". 
On Sunday, the girls saw Daddy taking notes, and wanted their notebooks to take notes too.  Don't they look so studious?  Too bad that was before the meeting even started ;)
Ken had Monday off, so we went as a family to the Children's Museum in Olympia.  The girls have been there a few times before, and they know what areas they like to play in, but strangely, this was the first time they ever played in this old truck.  Sophia was so excited for her turn to drive the truck.

One of their favorite areas to play in is the craft room.  This was the first time I've let Sophia use scissors and she happily, though a bit awkwardly, cut up a little paper cup until it was time I move to another area.
Amelia surprised me by dancing on the stage.  It surprised me because there were lots of other people watching her and she didn't even seem to mind.  Maybe she'll be a Thespian just like her mother ;)  Sophia had fun dancing on the stage too . . . but just not in front of the camera.
But Amelia's favorite part of the museum is on the outside.  She would have been just as happy . . . or maybe even happier . . . to have spent the entire time at the water feature without even going inside.  And maybe Mom would have been happier too, since that part is free ;)  I promised Amelia that when it got warmer, we'd come back, with appropriate water gear, and just play in the water.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

What a fun family weekend! The girls look so cute getting ready for conference!