Monday, March 11, 2013

Random Updates


  • I was hoping that now that Amelia is 3, I could get rid of her binkie.  I wouldn't mind it so much, since she only uses it at nap time and bedtime, but she loses it in the middle of the night and wakes me up to find it for her.  That's what I mind . . . it's all about me, right?  ;)
  • I tried not giving the binkie to Amelia one day during nap time.  Amelia didn't cry, but she didn't sleep either.  She didn't know what to do with herself; she doesn't know how to get herself to sleep without her binkie.  I decided that at this point, I'd rather have her sleep than not have her binkie.
  • We're 2 1/2 months into having church at 11am.  I hate it; it really messes up naps and eating.  I'm not sure that I'll like the 1pm time slot any better with young kids, but I'll deal with that next year.  However, regardless of the church time, I'm glad I have the opportunity to go to church and get spiritually recharged every week.
  • I've been trying to buy clothes for me online to prevent the need for shopping in stores with kids.  So far, I've spent almost as much in shipping as I have for the products because I keep sending them back.  I just can't seem to find shirts that fit right - they're all made for bigger and bustier women.  Where do flat-chested, skinny women shop?  The little girl's department?
  • I'm not sure what has happened with Sophia and Amelia lately, but neither of them have been sleeping well, which means I'm not sleeping well and am back in the "sleep deprived" state of being.  It also means that one of the girls ends up in our bed almost every night and the other one ends up in the spare bed with either Ken or I.
  • Yesterday I sang with our choir in church.  Amelia wanted to come up with me and stood quietly next to me with her arms folded while we sang.  It was so cute.  She loves to sing; hopefully some day she'll want to join me in the choir.
  • I got an interesting phone call last week.  One of my former managers called to offer me a job.  I was very flattered, but working full-time with an hour commute each way certainly isn't for me right now.  I told them that if I could work part-time (max 10 hrs/week) from home, I might be interested.
  • Ken works out in the yard as often as he can and keeps telling me that the flower beds are waiting for my attention.  I finally had a chance to start tackling one of the beds and just wanted to rip everything out and start over; it's a mess of too many different types of plants and none of them look great.  Ken says to wait another month or so to see what it looks like when things are growing . . . but I can't imagine it's going to look any better.
  • We only lived in AZ for 3 years, but I loved those 3 years of not having to change our clocks back and forth for daylight savings time.  I miss that.
  • This blog seems a bit on the whining/complaining side - sorry - life is good . . . I'm just tired.

No comments: