Today for nap time, I left Sophia in her room to cry/ get herself to sleep. I made sure Amelia was tucked in, then went downstairs to take a much needed nap. 5 min. later Amelia comes into my room and tells me she's all done with her nap. I was too tired to argue, so I told her to go upstairs and play in the play room, with strict instructions to be quiet and NOT wake up/bother Sophia. Minutes later, I heard (through the baby monitor) Amelia in Sophia's room, talking to her. I was giggling as I listened to Amelia "checking on Sophia", telling her about "Daddy outside mowing the lawn", and lots of other things. When I went upstairs, I found Amelia putting all of Sophia's toys in Sophia's bed. I love that Amelia is concerned about and wants to spend time with Sophia, but I'd prefer that she doesn't do it at nap time ;)
I finally got Amelia back to bed while Ken got Sophia to sleep. Amelia wanted to sleep in the window seat (I'm actually surprised she hasn't wanted to do that before), and not surprisingly, she only slept for about 20 min. Maybe that will work out to my benefit tonight at bedtime.
No comments:
Post a Comment