July - oh you crazy month! On the 4th of July, we lit sparklers and a few fireworks that Ken bought on his way home from work.
This video probably only cracks me up . . . I was so surprised by the firework and was afraid I was going to get hit, but just kept recording, rather than moving away ;)
The work of re-shingling our roof started on the 10th and they finished on the 11th. It's hard to see from the pictures, but I love that our roof is no longer mossy!
While they were up on our roof, we arranged for them to install 2 solar-tubes. One in the hallway,and one in the bathroom. I love all the additional light we have upstairs. Now to get rid of the green linoleum. . .
As mentioned in last month's blog, we go to the concerts in the park and one week, Amelia got to go on stage. The man asked her if she knew a song that she could sing and she did, but then she got nervous and forgot the words, so he told her to just make something up . . . so she did!
I don't celebrate it annually, but this year we remembered to get free Slurpees at 7-Eleven on 7/11.
Bowling has been a fun weekly activity - win or lose! I especially love Amelia's "bowling face" and Sophie's "bowling posture".😂 And it was fun one week to have our friends with us to shake things up.
And then it was time for Trek. This is the picture of our "family" as we started out on Day 1. What a great group of kids! (We didn't have our cameras with us, so all photos are courtesy of the Trek photographers.)
We Treked 8 miles the first day, 10 miles the 2nd day, got a rest on the 3rd day, and finished up with 8 miles the last day. These kids were strong. There were lots of hills to go up . . .
which of course meant hills to go back down (that was just as hard as going up). Notice how everyone but the ones who are steering are behind the handcart . . . the rest of the family is being the "brake".And at the end, they not only finished strong, they ran to the end! It was a great experience being with these kids.
Next it was time for Cub Scout Day Camp. We didn't get enough volunteers in our ward, and so even though I didn't have a Cub Scout at the camp, I came to volunteer, and brought my girls to play along.
One last "concert" in the park - this time a reptile and other creatures show. The girls sure weren't squeemish petting everything at the end . . . I stood back and just watched ;)
Can you believe it? I'm all caught up and ready for the adventures that will come in August. Stay tuned!














No comments:
Post a Comment