After we celebrated Amelia's birthday, we went to get her ear's pierced. I was hesitant, but she was so excited and brave!
We also went to Boomshaka to celebrate Amelia's birthday, rather than having a birthday party. So fun and so much easier!
I help out in Sophie's class every week and was able to go with them on their field trip to the Children's Museum. Gratefully, the four kids I had mostly stuck together, making my job much easier.
Our Relief Society had a "formal attire" event to celebrate the Relief Society's birthday. I wore this outfit that one of my employees from Africa gave me over 10 years ago and I've never had anywhere appropriate to wear it. Yeah for fun events!
March 24th was a great day - Amelia chose to be baptized.
It was a small family affair, with only 2 other couples there, but the Spirit was there, and that's the most important part.I'm proud of Amelia for doing something she knew was right, even with her small testimony.
When you take out your earrings at night, after your ears have only been pierced for 3-weeks, and you have a young, healthy body, the result is closed in holes the next morning 😞 Amelia was brave and got her ears re-pierced . . . and put up with another 3-weeks of maintaining newly pierced ears.
For Spring Break, we headed to UT to spend some time with my Dad. Since we were traveling over Easter weekend, we had an Easter egg hunt and dyed Easter eggs while we were at Grandpa's house.
And of course we got ice cream (at least once). This time was with cousin Richelle, in the snow!
We spent a day doing "UT" things. We toured the newly renovated Jordan River temple. The girls were excited to go inside a temple, but I think Amelia was a bit disappointed that it didn't look like a palace inside, ha-ha.
We went to This is the Place Heritage Park and had fun being a pioneer.
And we ended the day by doing a quick tour of the Conference Center in Salt Lake. By that time, the girls were tired and not so excited to have their pictures taken, ha-ha.
One day my Dad showed the girls how he used to dye Easter eggs - with onion skins. I've seen the finished product many times, but I've never seen how it was done . . . so we all thought it was cool.
We had a play date with friends who used to live on our street in WA, who now live in Layton. How we've missed them!
But the best part of the whole week was spending time with my Dad - visiting, working together, and watching him play with my girls. It's hard being so far away from my Dad, so the time we spend together is precious.
Ken had a birthday this month, but I realized we didn't get a single picture - happy birthday to him anyway! I'm sure there was more for April, but that's it in a nut-Schnell for now!




















No comments:
Post a Comment