Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Yeah December!

December - family activities, snow, and Christmas.  A perfect way to spend a month.  We went to Spanaway's Fantasy Lights drive-through display.  The girls love it . . . mostly because we let them be unbuckled and hang their head out the window as we drive 5 mph through the display.
On the 8th, we got a skiff of snow.  You can see how excited the girls were as they ran outside to play in it.
 But I had to laugh as I watched them trying to make snow angels in it. 😂
The next day, we got a real snow storm, and lucky for everyone, school was already cancelled that day due to teacher prep.  The girls loved playing with the boys up the street, and I loved that the boys loved playing with the girls.
It has been so cold lately, that Ken has been wearing his "puffy" coat.  One day the girls discovered that they could fit in it together.
On the 23rd, one of Ken's co-workers invited us to come to her home for a horse riding activity for the girls.  Her yard is all decorated with lights and then the girls get to ride a horse and pick out presents hanging from the trees.  The girls loved it and didn't seem to mind the cold weather.


We did our annual sugar cookie making and decorating on the 24th.  The girls are getting much less messy and I'm not so tightly wound watching them decorate, so we all had fun this year. 
Ken broke down and got a trampoline for the girls for Christmas (I think he was tired of them jumping on the furniture).  It's not the best picture, but I love Amelia's excitement as she figured out what was "hidden" outside.
We also got the girls roller skates and they've had fun rolling around in the garage.

Tune in next month for more snow play, water park fun, and birthday activities!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

What a happy Christmas! I miss you guys. Love seeing the updates on the girls and the good times you're having. I bet they are loving the trampoline!