October just flew by . . . kind of like this duck . . . Amelia drew this picture in art class and her teacher selected it as one of the 5 from her school that was submit to the nationwide Junior Duck Stamp Contest. Go Amelia! She didn't get her drawing talent from me.
Sophia's 5th birthday was a fun event, even if I took horrible pictures and didn't even get one of her by herself. The girls colored, played games, ate brownies, opened presents, and broke open a piƱata - the true hit of the party ;)Almost before we knew it, it was the night before Halloween and we didn't have our pumpkins carved yet. The girls each drew a picture of what they wanted their pumpkins to look like, Sophia helped clean out the "guts" . .
. . . Amelia supervised, and Ken carved all 3 pumpkins! Yeah!
Yes - there really were 3 pumpkins - I'm not sure why I didn't get a picture of the 3rd one.
On Halloween, I got to be a chaperone with Amelia's class for a field trip to the pumpkin patch. It wasn't as organized as Sophia's pumpkin patch field trip (not the school's fault), but we were all grateful that we got a break from the rain and had a windy, but dry event.
Me and my girl eating our lunch together!
And then after school, it was time to get ready for Trunk-or-Treat. Sophia wanted to be a ghost - a simple costume, I thought, but I spent much more time on it than I expected trying to make sure it fit just right . . . and stayed on. Cutting the holes was the scariest part - I was so afraid she'd end up looking like Charlie Brown's ghost costume :) And of course, Amelia wanted to be Elsa - super easy costume, since she already had the dress - yeah!
I hope there are no tricks in November - just plenty of time to eat all the Halloween treats!








1 comment:
Love the pumpkins and costumes!! How fun to be a classic ghost. And I love the duck picture.
Post a Comment