The week before Spring Break (which completely took me by surprise) we enjoyed 1/2 days of school, due to Parent Teacher Conferences, and sunny weather. So we went to the park, decorated the driveways with chalk,
and made "sand castles" in the sand on the side of the road.
Since I was relatively unprepared for Spring Break, I decided to take the girls to Portland for a few days to stay with my friends. The weather was perfect and the girls loved being able to wear their summer clothes. We played at the Bullocks, met a friend for dinner, played at a park . . .
and went to the Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival in Woodburn, OR.
The weather was perfect and the girls loved all the flowers, but had a really hard time not picking them.
I let them pick up fallen petals, and though not the same as the whole flower, it satisfied the urge.
Being relatively new to my smart phone and all things pertaining to, I found that I am not very good at taking selfies . . . but this one turned out okay . . . and a bonus that we got the hot air balloon in the background.
The festival had lots of activities for the kids to do - both free and otherwise. I let them each pick a paying activity - and both girls elected to jump for 5 min.
It wore them both out, but they loved it and wished they could do it again.
And speaking of being worn out - even though we didn't do much, I was worn out by the end of Spring Break. I was very happy when school started back up again this week.










No comments:
Post a Comment