In my defense, we didn't celebrate Amelia's birthday 2 weeks late - I'm just 2 weeks late blogging about it. Every time I went to our blog, I kept thinking, "I feel like something is missing", but not once did it dawn on me that I had forgotten to blog about my own daughter's birthday! Oye! It's been crazy at our house lately.
I taught Joy School the week of Amelia's birthday, so it was a packed week of trying to get everything done on time. And with much preparation, list making, and prayers, I was able to get every needful thing done - every day! That in itself was a miracle.
We let the girls choose where we have dinner on their birthday, and Amelia was sure she wanted to do Burger King for her birthday . . . even though she's never eaten there. But when it came down to it, we ended up at our standard Chinese buffet, where Amelia had French Fries and pizza, while Sophia stuffed herself full of crab legs (she's getting pretty good at cracking open the shells too).
The next day, we threw Amelia a birthday party, with 4 of her friends - 2 from school, 2 from church. There were a lot of games, including Twister (probably the party favorite), lots of girly screaming, and much fun was had by all.
Deciding on the "cake" for the party was quite a process as well. First Amelia wanted a cake or cupcakes, but since all she really likes is the frosting, I persuaded her to try something else. Next she suggested a berry pie. But then she found out that you can't frost a pie, so that was out. And finally we hit on the perfect cake - an ice cream cake (with no cake in the middle) and lots of frosting. Everyone liked that idea!It's hard to believe my baby is 6-years old, but I love how she's growing up and becoming a beautiful girl - so capable of doing and becoming anything she puts her mind to.
Happy Birthday to my sweet, strong-willed, kind-hearted, ever loving Amelia Bedelia!



1 comment:
What a cute and fun birthday girl!!
Post a Comment