. . . it finally dawned on me that I hadn't posted since the first of November and it's now mid-December. It was obviously a quiet and non-eventful month. We had a quiet Thanksgiving - just the four of us. Amelia kept waiting for the "holiday" to happen . . . apparently we didn't celebrate Thanksgiving enough to meet her expectations. I am thankful for 2 beautiful, healthy daughters.
Ken was in charge of the turkey and this year he tried a recipe he had heard on NPR - a turkey porchetta - basically a seasoned turkey breast rolled up and baked. It looked a lot like a giant caterpillar, but thankfully was much tastier. I was thankful that Ken did half of the cooking.I am thankful for a warm, dry house - it was unseasonably cold here in November. It was dry the day after Thanksgiving and we did our annual "hunt for a Christmas tree" adventure. The older the girls get, the harder it is for all 4 of us to agree on a Christmas tree. I am thankful for a patient husband.
The Relief Society was in charge of our ward's Christmas party - "How the Grinch Found Jesus" and I was very happy when it was over. We were supposed to come dressed as a Who. Amelia told me, "I don't do silly", so I let each girl and Ken do their own costumes and Amelia ended up winning "best costume" for her age group - go figure!
Here is Amelia the next day proudly displaying her award wreath. I am thankful for independent thinkers . . . most of the time.
Sophia standing next to our decorated Christmas tree. I am thankful that we haven't broken any ornaments this year . . . yet.
We have much to be thankful for and are trying to get ready for Christmas. Despite already mailing out Christmas cards, I am so unprepared for the holiday. And yesterday, Amelia lost her 2nd front tooth . . . so now all she wants for Christmas is her 2 front teeth ;)






1 comment:
What sweet holiday pictures!! Love your beautiful family.
Post a Comment